CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY TIRAMISU
Note: To make espresso for this recipe in your electric drip coffee maker, use enough water for
4 cups of coffee plus 1/3 cup of ground espresso.
- 6 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup good dark rum
- ¼ cups brewed espresso
- 16 to 17 ounces mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed, drained
- ¼ cup rum
- 1 ¼ cups espresso
- 30 Italian ladyfingers, or Savoiardi
- Melt chocolate in microwave and cool.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment
on high speed for about 5 minutes, or until very thick and light yellow.
- Lower the speed to medium and add 1/4 cup rum, 1/4 cup espresso, and the mascarpone. Whisk until
- Using a large rubber spatula, fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Fold in
the raspberries. Cover and refrigerate to chill completely.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup rum and 1 1/4 cups espresso in a shallow bowl. Dip 1 side of each
ladyfinger in the espresso/rum mixture and line the bottom of a 9 by 12 by 2-inch dish.
- Pour half the espresso cream mixture evenly on top. Dip 1 side of the remaining ladyfingers in
the espresso/rum mixture and place them in a second layer in the dish. Pour the rest of the espresso
cream over the top. Smooth the top and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
<< Back to recipe index