GREEK PASTA SALAD
- 5 oz pasta shells
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed juice of
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs water
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained & quartered
- 1/2 cucumber,peeled,seeded & diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh dill or 2 tsp dried
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
Cook pasta. Rinse with cold water and drain.
In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add eggplant. Cover and simmer three minutes on medium heat. Add
salt, garlic, lemon juice and water. Cover and simmer 6-8 minutes, until eggplant is tender. If using
dried herbs add then now.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. If using fresh herbs, add them now. Add
eggplant and pasta. Serve at room temperature.
*(If serving leftovers, add a dash of lemon juice.
- 200 calories
- 5.7 grams protein
- 491 mg sodium
- 9.3 grams fat
- 8 mg cholesterol
- 25.6 grams carbohydrate
<< Back to recipe index